Please fill out the “2021 Pre-Registration” form by clicking the link. We will use your contact info to keep you in the loop about registration and dates. Here’s what we can tell you now so you can plan with your students:
- The deadline for all video submissions will be Saturday, May 1st. We are choosing a later date this year to allow all of you to work with your situation and get good recordings to us. Rules about recordings will be coming shortly and official rules will be posted and sent when official registration opens.
- The NJF will air online on Saturday, May 22nd. Each performance will air in its virtual room similarly to the normal in-person festival. These rooms will air simultaneously on May 22nd, however will remain online so that you may have the opportunity to see other schools performances that you don’t want to miss.
- Adjudicators’ comments/workshop will be part of the performance video presentation.
- Ensemble entrance fees are being lowered to $100 per ensemble due to our lower operational costs this year in the totally virtual format.
Finally, as a result of good feedback we received from last year’s festival, there will be 2 rule changes for the National Jazz Festival that will go into effect for 2021 and beyond:-
– Schools will be placed in performance divisions strictly by school population. Schools that enter more than 1 ensemble in the NJF will compete in the same performance division.
– All divisions will be adjudicated by 3 judges instead of 2.